MURRELLS INLET, SC (WBTW) – A man has been charged after allegedly driving under the influence with two children in the car and hitting two parked cars, according to Cpl. Sonny Collins, with the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
Chad Julian Stewart is charged in the case, Cpl. Collins said. The incident happened around 7:30 a.m. on October 6. A 7-year-old and a 9-year-old were in the car at the time. No injuries were reported.
Stewart, 42, of Murrells Inlet, was booked around 11 a.m. on October 6, according to J. Reuben Long Detention Center booking records. His charges include driving under the influence- first offense. Bond was set at around $1,242 and he was released around 3:30 p.m. the same day.
- Crews called to motorcycle crash with serious injuries in Horry Co.
- Man accused in 2017 deadly shooting in Hartsville released from jail on bond
- MISSING: Robeson County man believed to be suffering from cognitive impairment
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back