MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) — A 37-year-old Myrtle Beach man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for distributing heroin last year, according to information released Monday from the United States Attorney District of South Carolina.
Marcus Dwayne Grissett pleaded guilty to possessing with the intent to distribute and for distributing heroin, according to authorities, after selling heroin to a confidential informant from the Myrtle Beach Police Department.
On March 28, 2019, Grissett sold 60 individually packed wax slips of heroin to the informant, according to authorities.
He will spend 144 months in prison followed by three years of court-ordered supervision. There is no parole in the federal system.
- Abuse charge against former Pee Dee police officer dismissed
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Gov. Cooper increases NC National Guard troops to 300 for inauguration at US Capitol
- Lake City High School cancels winter sports seasons
- DHEC announces 1,845 new COVID-19 cases; number low due to system issue