MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Myrtle Beach police arrested a man considered dangerous Thursday after a nearly 9-year prison sentence in Ohio.
Matthew Michael Givens, 38, was arrested around 3 p.m. on a fugitive from justice warrant, according to booking records.
Givens was wanted for violating the conditions of his supervision, according to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC). He spent about 8.5 years in prison for aggravated robbery and breaking and entering in Stark County, Ohio.
He was considered dangerous and possibly armed.
He was seen on video on Thursday entering a motel room on Ocean Boulevard that was supposed to be vacant, according to warrants obtained by News13 on Friday. Police found him after a witness reported him.
Givens was released on Aug. 14 and has been on supervised release, according to ODRC. He will be extradited to Ohio.
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES:
- Solicitor talks about uniqueness of charge against couple accused of public sex acts in Myrtle Beach
- Three arrested following discovery of narcotics at Marion County home
- Man wanted on multiple warrants in Marion County
- Conway man charged in Myrtle Beach motel shooting
- Couple accused of having sex on Myrtle Beach SkyWheel accused of other sex acts in Surfside Beach