MURRELLS INLET, SC (WBTW) – A Murrells Inlet woman has been charged after a newborn tested positive for methamphetamines, according to an incident report from Horry County police.
A responding offer met with the complainant at Horry County Police Department’s South Precinct on August 19, the report said. The complainant reported the newborn was born at Conway Medical Center and tested positive for methamphetamines.
The suspect is listed in the report as Brooke Leann Furr, 29.
According to J. Reuben Long Detention Center booking records, Furr, of Murrells Inlet was booked on August 29 around 9 a.m. on a charge of unlawful neglect of child or helpless person by legal custodian. Bond was set at $2,000 and Furr was released around 4:30 p.m. the same day.
- Police respond to report of robbery at Myrtle Beach area Dunkin Donuts
- Crews respond to water main break in Conway, burn ban in place until repairs made
- Several suspected cases of vaping-related illness reported at upstate SC hospital
- NC dad finds 3 teens passed out in running car – his message after the discovery
- SC lawmakers set to tackle issues with early childhood education