MURRELLS INLET, SC (WBTW) – A Murrells Inlet woman has been charged after a newborn tested positive for methamphetamines, according to an incident report from Horry County police.
A responding offer met with the complainant at Horry County Police Department’s South Precinct on August 19, the report said. The complainant reported the newborn was born at Conway Medical Center and tested positive for methamphetamines.
The suspect is listed in the report as Brooke Leann Furr, 29.
According to J. Reuben Long Detention Center booking records, Furr, of Murrells Inlet was booked on August 29 around 9 a.m. on a charge of unlawful neglect of child or helpless person by legal custodian. Bond was set at $2,000 and Furr was released around 4:30 p.m. the same day.
- Appalachian State hands Coastal their third straight loss, 78-58
- MUSC hopes to learn more about autism through research study
- North Carolina community helps 1950s victim of attempted lynching as he’s being forced from home
- Hundreds show support as check is presented to family of airport officer Jackson Winkeler
- Classes canceled at Duke University’s Kunshan campus in China due to coronavirus