MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Officers have one person in custody after an assault that injured one person early Friday morning.
Myrtle Beach Police officials tell News13 this happened in a hotel in the area of 1st Ave North and North Ocean Blvd. They were called to the area around 12:15 a.m. for reports of a fight.
When officers got to the scene they found one person with injuries consistent with stab wounds. That person has been taken to the hospital.
Police have arrested Timothy Harold Lewis in connection to the case, he is charged with assault / attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
According to the incident report from Myrtle Beach Police, the stabbing stemmed from an argument because Lewis thought the victim ate his food as they watched an NFL game. According to the report the two wrestled for a little then the victim went outside to smoke a cigarette. The report stated the victim told police that when he returned Lewis was holding a pocket knife, stabbed him and told him “you’re lucky I don’t kill you.”
- Socastee catcher Caid Byrd commits to play at Clemson
- ‘We are seeing some astronomical numbers’: Horry County first responders dispatched to record-breaking number of calls
- Group seeks to build trust in health care among vaccine-hesitant
- Clouds and showers return for the weekend
- Myrtle Beach man charged with rape, human trafficking of 2 teenage girls