MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – One person has died and another person is in custody after a crash just before midnight on North Kings Highway, near 44th Ave. North, according to police.
Corporal Thomas Vest with the Myrtle Beach Police Department says Shane Divine Bandolas, 25, has been charged in connection with this crash.
Online booking records show Bandolas is charged with felony driving under the influence, resulting in death. He is also facing an assault & battery charge, 3rd degree, for another incident, Cpl. Vest said.
Myrtle Beach police and fire responded to the vehicle versus moped crash. The identity of the person killed has not been released yet.
At last check, Bandolas is still in Myrtle Beach Jail.
Count on News13 for updates as additional information is released.
- Third US vaccine could raise question of which shots are best
- Myrtle Beach police to release details of investigation into Officer Hancher’s death
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’
- Surfside Beach man arrested for burglary, kidnapping
- Horry County Schools elementary student was sexually assaulted on school bus, ‘in full view of driver,’ lawsuit claims