HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — A Georgia man was arrested Monday after a sword attack in Horry County, according to police.
Police responded to a home on Hwy 90 in Longs for reports of a stabbing, according to a police report. The victim was found with a bloody towel wrapped around his left hand.
The victim told police Lawrence Timothy Tiggett, 67, of Fayetteville, Georgia, attacked him with a sword.
Tiggett was found inside the home on a couch, police said. Officers saw blood splatter on the walls and floors in the living room, according to the police report.
Tiggett was charged with second-degree assault and battery. He’s held in J. Reuben Long Detention Center on $2,500 bond.
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES:
- Man attacking ex-girlfriend in California home beaten, stabbed to death by victim’s mother and sister: LASD
- 77-year-old woman killed in drive-by shooting in SC
- Horry County Police respond to active shooting incident in Conway
- Argument leads to shootout in Florence Saturday afternoon
- 14 injured, 1 dead at shooting in Aiken nightclub