CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Police have made an arrest in a Loris murder.
William Henry Jones II has been arrested and charged in the death of Demetrick Simon, 39. Simon was killed last month in Loris.
Jones faces charges of murder and possession of a weapon during a violent felony.
Horry County Police Department, along with Loris Police Department, worked together to investigate the case over the past month.
Based upon information derived during the investigation, the U.S. Marshals Service was able to take Jones into custody Thursday afternoon.
Jones appeared before a judge Thursday where he was denied bond. He did not speak other than telling the judge he understood the terms of his charges. The Circuit Court will now take over the rest of the case.
- Conway man arrested in shooting death of retired officer Odell Cochran
- Tennessee nurses pray on medical center’s helipad
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- CCU to provide credit for housing, parking, dining after coronavirus outbreak changes
- 1 detained after person sustains life-threatening injuries in overnight stabbing in Myrtle Beach, police say