MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A man was arrested at Myrtle Beach International Airport after TSA agents found a gun in his bag.
According to a report from Horry County Police, Lyman Gerard Dease was arrested on October 10 after a 9mm pistol was found in his bag at the TSA checkpoint at MYR. The report states the pistol was loaded with a 12 round magazine, but that there was not a round in the chamber.
Dease is charged with carrying or displaying firearms in public buildings or adjacent areas. He was released from J. Reuben Long Detention Center on a $500 bond. His expected court date is December 9.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Pee Dee high school hosts first in-person SC graduation since the pandemic
- Scattered thunderstorms continue Friday
- Myrtle Beach firefighters adapt to reopening during coronavirus pandemic
- Body found off St. Helena Island identified as missing Alabama man