LORIS, SC (WBTW) – Nearly 300 grams of marijuana were found during a search of a vehicle near Loris High School, according to Loris police.
A school resource officer was conducting a safety check on foot around the school on Friday, when the officer smelled “strong odor of Marijuana emitting from a parked vehicle, located on school property,” according to police. During a traffic stop and vehicle search off school property, police found little more than 300 Grams of Marijuana.
One person was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana and distribution within close proximity to a school. The person has not been identified at this time.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Congressman pushing to remove restrictions on churches talking politics
- Suspended SC sheriff allegedly provided alcohol to underage person in Horry County, possessed controlled substances
- Rain expected the next several days, Watching colder air move in towards the end of the week
- Judge denies bond for suspect in deadly Waccamaw Bingo Hall shooting
- Changes to school bus routes in Socastee area due to flooding; Conway road closed