GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – Preliminary autopsy results suggest the Georgetown County Detention Center inmate who died Monday died of suicide, the Georgetown County Coroner’s Office said.
The Georgetown County Detention Center confirmed the death to News13 Friday, identifying the inmate as John Teague.
Teague, 28, was booked in March, according to booking records. He was charged with assault and battery- 3rd degree and criminal sexual conduct with minor- 3rd degree.
According to the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office, Teague was taken to the hospital after corrections officers discovered his condition on December 6. Teague later died on Monday.
Georgetown County Sheriff Carter Weaver has contacted SLED to investigate the incident.
- One more warm day before a big cool down
- News13’s partnership with Harvest Hope Food Bank in efforts to raise money for Coronavirus Relief Fund
- St. James Alum, Smith Knaffle inspired by golf greats
- How coronavirus spread through a birthday and a funeral in Chicago
- Logan’s Roadhouse temporarily closes all locations, terminates employees