The suspect in a deadly shooting on Petigru Drive in Pawleys Island was attacked after shooting another man, an incident report from the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office says.
According to the report, deputies responded to 915 Petigru Drive around 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday for reports of shots fired. Upon arriving, a responding deputy says they saw two subjects laying on the ground and people saying someone had been shot.
The suspect, identified in the report as 27-year-old Damien Chevere Grate, of Pawleys Island, shot the victim in the chest and "after doing so he was attacked by the crowd," the report says.
Witnesses say in the report the suspect and the victim had been in an argument inside a building and when they went outside, Grate shot the victim.
The victim was taken to Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and the suspect was taken to Grand Strand Medical Center, according to the report.
Jason Lesley, the Public Information Officer for the GCSO, says Lamar Easterling, 24, of Pawleys Island, was taken to the hospital for a gunshot wound and later died from his injuries.
No other information about the suspect is available. Stay with WBTW News13 for updates.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Benjamin Smith new CEO of Air France-KLM, unions concerned
- Mattis says further Taliban assaults likely in weeks ahead
- Amid turmoil, USA Gymnastics takes small steps forward
- NFL players, coaches protecting skin on every given sun day