PAWLEYS ISLAND, SC (WBTW) – The Georgetown County sheriff says three people ages 18, 17, and 15 are charged in the shooting and killing of a man in the Pawleys Island area. It happened on Martin Luther King Road yesterday. That is in the Parkersville Community.
The Sheriff’s Office identified two of those arrested as Colby Barnes, 18, and Aiden Zasimoritch, 17, who is being “considered an adult due to the nature of the allegation.” The 15-year-old is not being identified. All three are students at Waccamaw High School.
On Friday, it was announced that Barnes’ charge is ‘common law robbery, strong arm robbery’. Exact charges for the others have not been announced.
The coroner in Georgetown County says that one person is dead.
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office says there is currently no danger to families in the area. The sheriff’s office identified the victim as Deondre Brown. Coroner Kenny Johnson says Brown was 20 years old and lived in Pawleys Island.
If you have any information contact the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office at (843) 546-5102. Anonymous tips may also be sent by using Text-A-Tip. Just dial 274637 from any text-enabled cell phone, and text the word “GCSOTIP” followed by your message.
Count on News13 for updates.
- One more warm day before a big cool down
- News13’s partnership with Harvest Hope Food Bank in efforts to raise money for Coronavirus Relief Fund
- St. James Alum, Smith Knaffle inspired by golf greats
- How coronavirus spread through a birthday and a funeral in Chicago
- Logan’s Roadhouse temporarily closes all locations, terminates employees