CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Sidney Moorer’s retrial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis continues for a seventh day on Wednesday.
Sidney Moorer won’t testify Wednesday.
Closing arguments began around noon.
Around 1:50 p.m., the jury was sent back for deliberation,
WATCH LIVE BELOW:
No court was held Tuesday.
On Monday, the state finished testimony in the trial.
After the state rested its case, the defense asked for a mistrial based on the lack of evidence placing Moorer at Peachtree Landing the night Heather disappeared.
The defense called its first witness of the trial, a forensic video examiner, to the stand. He testified the surveillance video of a truck driving around Peachtree Landing the night Heather disappeared, and the police recreation of that video, did not visually match.
For more on the testimony given on Monday, click here.
Count on News13 for the latest in Moorer’s trial.
- $24.45M to be used for schools buses, public transit across the state, including Florence, Horry Counties
- Map: Myrtle Beach, Pee Dee areas have surpassed 100 shootings in 2021. Here’s where
- News13 tracks shootings — Map shows area hotspots for gun violence
- Surfside Beach man charged after deadly Intracoastal Waterway crash
- DHEC pauses Johnson & Johnson distribution, says change will impact supply of vaccines statewide