HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) — A woman accused of murder and child neglect has been released from jail, according to the J. Reuben Long Detention Center website.
Meagan Jackson, 35, is now on home detention.
Jackson is charged with murder, criminal conspiracy, common law conspiracy defined and four counts of child neglect.
Meagan Jackson and former Horry County Deputy Coroner Christopher Dontell are accused of murdering Gregory Vincent Rice, who was reported missing Oct. 5 and was last believed to have been heard from on Oct. 2.
Jackson is also accused of locking her three youngest children in their rooms without a way to get out, according to warrants. The rooms had electronic locks that had the batteries removed.
Count on News13 for updates.
- SC teacher advocacy group wants teachers prioritized in next COVID-19 vaccine phase
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Devante Jones leads the way as the CCU men take down Troy, 90-81
- Solicitor talks about uniqueness of charge against couple accused of public sex acts in Myrtle Beach