LUMBERTON, NC (WBTW) – Deputies in Robeson County say a man is wanted after an assault Saturday and another incident earlier this week.
Don Anthony Locklear, 39, has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Saturday.
Deputies responded to the 2100 block of Oakgrove Church Road in Lumberton for a person who was assaulted, the news release said. The victim was taken to a local medical center where she is being treated for not life-threatening injuries.
Locklear is also wanted for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon for another incident, according to the RCSO. Deputies responded Thursday to the intersection of Highway 211 and McQueen Rd. in Red Springs for a weapons violation. Victims reportedly told police that Locklear shot into their vehicle as they were leaving a store.
Anyone with information about Locklear’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 671-3170 or (910) 671-3100. Count on News13 for updates.
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Baby hit by car as mom, dad argue over custody in North Carolina, deputies say
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure
- New SC General Assembly will tackle redistricting in 2021
- 130 $100 citations for going maskless issued over 3 days in Columbia