UPDATE: The Georgetown Police Department has arrested two people following a burglary and attempted murder early Friday, a news release said.
Antonio Smith, 24, and Tywan Ford, 21 were both arrested early Sunday and charged with Burglary 1st Degree and Attempted Murder in the case, GPD said.
Police say they are still investigating and additional leads are still being followed. If anyone has any information about this case they are asked to contact the Georgetown Police Department at 843-545-4300.
GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – A 20-year-old Georgetown man was taken to the hospital after being shot during a break-in, according to police.
Around 4:52 a.m. on Friday, Georgetown police were called to a robbery that had taken place on Reservoir Street in Georgetown.
When police arrived, the four other men who lived at the house told police that four male suspects forced their way into the mobile home and began yelling, “Where is the safe?”
After one of the men in the house was forced out of his bedroom and opened the safe, an undisclosed amount of money was taken and the four suspects fled.
Investigators say they are still looking into the case.
- Sunshine returns today as we remain mild
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- ‘He always had us’: Horry County police officers remember Officer Melton ‘Fox’ Gore at public visitation
- (19) Missouri shoots well, takes down South Carolina, 81-70