LUMBERTON, NC (WBTW) – Many around Robeson County noticed helicopters flying overhead Tuesday afternoon.
According to Robeson County Sheriff Burnis Wilkins, helicopters with the National Guard’s Counter Narcotics Air Wing along with Deputies conducted a Domestic Marijuana Eradication Operation in the county. The Sheriff says these operations are routine.
Over the course of the operation, approximately five hundred forty (540) marijuana plants were located and seized, says Sheriff Wilkins. Those plants ranged in height from 4 to 15 feet. At full maturity, these plants were estimated to be able to produce $1 million worth of marijuana.
Arrests are expected in connection to the operation as well.
Sheriff Wilkins stated “We continue to utilize all available resources in our quest to clean up our county. Operations such as this will have a huge impact on those trying to profit from the illegal drug trade. This is only the beginning as we expect to make arrests soon”.
Anyone with additional information or any information regarding drug activity in Robeson County is asked to call the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Division at (910) 671-3191.
- Donor cash surges to Harrison, the Democrat taking on Graham
- South Carolina unemployment falls, but tourism jobs vanish
- NFL rookie donates $3K for South Carolina sportscaster’s dog
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- CDC provides tips on proper mask washing amid pandemic