YORK, S.C. (AP/WSPA) — Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Bashaud Breeland has been arrested in South Carolina for resisting arrest and other offenses.
Breeland, who is from Charlotte, was arrested in York County, just south of the North Carolina-South Carolina border.
Breeland was also charged with driving with an open container of alcohol, possession of marijuana or hash and driving without a license.
Breeland had seven tackles and an interception in the Chiefs’ 31-20 Super Bowl win over San Francisco two months ago.
Breeland attended Clemson University from 2010 to 2013. He was drafted in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL draft following his junior year as a Tiger.
Breeland is being held in the York County Detention Center.
- Third stimulus checks: Biden says Americans will begin receiving direct payments this month
- After 2 recent deaths, why are people still doing extreme baby gender reveals?
- One taken to the hospital after Saturday evening shooting in Florence
- A warm-up on the way this week
- Myrtle Beach 8-year-old diagnosed with rare disorder, family looking for help and answers