ALBEMARLE, N.C. (WIVB) – A 31-year-old North Carolina man is facing felony charges for falsely saying he has coronavirus.
In a Facebook live video that’s been viewed more than 500,000 times on YouTube, Justin M. Rhodes is seen walking through Walmart saying that he “definitely tested positive” for COVID-19 and showing very little regard for those around him touching items and saying “If I got it, you all got it”.
Police collaborated with local health officials and discovered Rhodes did not have coronavirus. He was arrested for Felony Perpetrating a hoax in a Public Building and Disorderly Conduct.
Rhodes is scheduled to appear in court on March 30.
- Pitt is it: No. 23 Panthers top reeling Clemson 27-17
- Multi-County chases ends when suspect crashes in Marion County
- Captured: Man accused of walking off work detail in Scotland County
- Video shows driver accused of attacking Oregon gas station clerk plow through bystanders
- Film crew voiced complaints before fatal on-set shooting