LUMBERTON, NC (WBTW) – Police have ruled the death of a 76-year-old woman found inside a burned home as a homicide.
The victim in the fire death investigation has been identified as Annette Hendren Ivey. She was found inside the burned home at 1201 Godwin Avenue in Lumberton.
Lumberton Fire Department crews and police were called to the home at about 9:44 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Lumberton Police Department. Upon arriving on scene, crews and an officer found a “small fire” and Ivey dead inside the home.
“Evidence at the scene leads investigators to believe that foul play is suspected,” Lumberton police said.
The NC State Bureau of Investigation has been called and is helping with an investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lumberton police at 910-671-3845.
- RI State Police, National Guard set up checkpoint to stop, log travelers from NY
- Stimulus Check Calculator: How much money will you get?
- COVID-19 case count at 935 in North Carolina, state reports
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
- Police: Two hurt in Bennettsville drive-by shooting