LANCASTER COUNTY, P (WHTM) — Police arrested Richard Caldwell Tuesday for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old child.
Elementary school staff members alerted authorities after a 5-year-old made comments about Caldwell touching their private area.
After an investigation, police determined that Caldwell had sexually assaulted the child. He was charged after admitting to the allegations, police say.
Caldwell’s charges include: rape of a child, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a child, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of a child, as well as other related charges.
Caldwell was taken to Lancaster County Prison and the child is safe, placed into protective custody.
- Horry County leads SC in unemployment claims as state is inundated with phone calls
- When will I get my stimulus check? Payments expected to start next week
- Buoys on the Boulevard feeds nurses around the Grand Strand
- 1 killed in motorcycle crash in Horry Co.
- Man accused in 2017 deadly shooting in Hartsville released from jail on bond