DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – Two people have been charged in Darlington County after a 3-year-old was found with multiple bite marks and severe bruising to the face, according to deputies.
Ernest Fancote, III, 29, of Darlington, and Brittany Nicole Filyaw, 23, of Darlington, were arrested on March 14 and charged with neglect by a legal custodian, the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office says.
An investigator was contacted on January 27 “about a 3 year old child with severe bruising to the facial area, and multiple bite marks in various areas of her body,” an incident report says. “It was obvious that the size of the bite marks present in the photos were that of an adult.”
The report also said investigators were provided with “11 photographs showing the extent of the child’s injuries.” Police determined the child’s safety was a concern and set up a safety plan. A forensic interview with the child has been scheduled.
Both Filyaw and Fancote were booked in to the W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center.
- Mayors push House coronavirus panel for additional federal relief
- Horry County man accused of possessing ‘child sexual abuse material’, facing up to 100 years in prison
- Local Spotlight: Roman and Trick Riding at Painted Face Acres with Fairland Ferguson
- Myrtle Beach police release safety plan for Ocean Blvd
- North Carolina infant stabbed in head with screwdriver during fight between parents