DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – Two people have been charged in a shooting death in Darlington County.
Keith Kevin Larry and Deonte Hamilton went to the 1300 block of Larrys Drive in August and were involved in a “physical altercation,” according to Lt. Robert Kilgo, with the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office. During that altercation, a “firearm was discharged,” hitting the victim, who died.
According to a press release from the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office both men are charged with voluntary manslaughter. Both have been denied bond by a Darlington County Magistrate and remain in custody at the W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center.
Kilgo identified the victim as James Williams, Jr.
Last week, News13 reported that Hamilton was charged with four counts of attempted murder in connection to a shooting in Hartsville.
Count on News13 as we work to learn more.
- With worst to come, 3 in 4 US hospitals now facing COVID-19
- Grocery workers are key during the virus. And they’re afraid.
- 23 people at NC senior living home test positive for virus
- Ex-NFL kicker, Saints hero Tom Dempsey dies of coronavirus
- Warming up to start the week