DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – Two people have been charged in a shooting death in Darlington County.
Keith Kevin Larry and Deonte Hamilton went to the 1300 block of Larrys Drive in August and were involved in a “physical altercation,” according to Lt. Robert Kilgo, with the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office. During that altercation, a “firearm was discharged,” hitting the victim, who died.
According to a press release from the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office both men are charged with voluntary manslaughter. Both have been denied bond by a Darlington County Magistrate and remain in custody at the W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center.
Kilgo identified the victim as James Williams, Jr.
Last week, News13 reported that Hamilton was charged with four counts of attempted murder in connection to a shooting in Hartsville.
Count on News13 as we work to learn more.
- Lake City woman killed in fire, Florence County coroner says
- Coast Guard pulls body from water as car submerged in rapids at edge of Niagara Falls
- Scott Peterson resentenced to life in prison for killing of pregnant wife Laci
- Large California school districts eliminate ‘D’ and ‘F’ grades
- Vehicle of missing Auburn University student located in 45-year-old cold case