MARLBORO COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Five narcotics- and firearms-related arrests were made after an operation in Marlboro County Tuesday night.
The operation targeted areas of the county that saw an “upswing in crime during COVID-19,” according to Lt. Trevor Murphy, with the Marlboro County Sheriff’s Office. The areas specifically targeted were McColl and Bennettsville.
The operation was conducted by deputies and investigators with the sheriff’s office, Bennettsville Police Department investigators, McColl Police Department officers and SLED agents, Murphy said.
The operation finished around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, Murphy said.
More information and details about the arrests will be released tomorrow. Count on News13 for updates.
- Many will be shopping online this holiday season & crooks are counting on it
- North Carolina Pro-Trump donor suing group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- Some North Carolina tree vendors warn of Christmas tree shortage
- Woman shot at Thanksgiving family gathering in NC; faces possible fines for COVID-19 violations, police say
- North Carolina Medic helps clean family’s turkey while on call