BENNETTSVILLE, SC (WBTW) – The coroner’s office has identified the person found dead in Bennettsville on Tuesday.
Marlboro County Coroner Tim Brown identified the person has Derrick Malachi, 53, of Bennettsville. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning at MUSC in Charleston.
On Tuesday, News13 reported that Bennettsvile police and the SC Law Enforcement Division (SLED) were investigating a suspicious death.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates as we working to gather more information.
- BBB warns of COVID-19 grant scam
- Pedestrian killed after being struck by tow truck in Dillon County
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Jordan, Hamlin partner to form new NASCAR team, Bubba Wallace to be the driver
- One arrested, one injured after car flips over in Myrtle Beach