BENNETTSVILLE, SC (WBTW) – The coroner’s office has identified the person found dead in Bennettsville on Tuesday.
Marlboro County Coroner Tim Brown identified the person has Derrick Malachi, 53, of Bennettsville. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning at MUSC in Charleston.
On Tuesday, News13 reported that Bennettsvile police and the SC Law Enforcement Division (SLED) were investigating a suspicious death.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates as we working to gather more information.
- Trinity Collegiate crowned SCISA Class 3A Boys State Champions
- Coastal uses long ball to top No. 23 West Virginia
- Doctor appears in court video call while performing surgery
- Woman jokes about unfortunate pre-pandemic tattoo that left her ‘mortified’
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment