COWARD, SC (WBTW) — A 28-year-old Coward man has been charged with a deadly hit and run that killed one man last week.
Fernando Henrique Gamez was driving on U.S. 52 towards Lake City when he hit a pedestrian near Lee Flowers Road and then drove off, according to Master Trooper Brian Lee with the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
Allen Dickensen, Jr., 26, of Olanta, was killed in the collision, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken.
He was given a $10,000 bond and had been released, as of Thursday afternoon.
Count on News13 for updates.
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES
- SC teacher advocacy group wants teachers prioritized in next COVID-19 vaccine phase
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Devante Jones leads the way as the CCU men take down Troy, 90-81
- Solicitor talks about uniqueness of charge against couple accused of public sex acts in Myrtle Beach