DARLINGTON COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – A murder suspect in Darlington County has been released on bond.
A bond hearing was held on December 11 for Timothy Mungo, who is charged with murder, possession of a weapon during a violent crime and unlawful carrying of a pistol, according to the 4th Circuit Solicitor’s Office. A judge set Mungo’s bond at $70,000 and ordered the following conditions:
- house arrest, with exceptions only for court and attorney visits to prepare for trial
- no contact with any victim, family of the victim or witnesses “either directly or indirectly”
- must reside at home on Security Drive in Hartsville
- “a standing Order that the Defendant shall be picked up and arrested, by law enforcement, immediately upon violation of an part of this Order”
Mungo was booked into the W. Glenn Campbell Detention center on September 27, 2018, according to booking records. He was released around 1 p.m. on December 14.
According to the incident report from September 19 on the shooting, officers with the Hartsville Police Department were called to a home on Bell Avenue about two people possibly being shot. Officers located one person with a gunshot wound and began performing CPR and advised EMS of the person’s condition.
The incident report goes on to state that officers were told that a second subject was at the Carolina Pines Emergency Room with a gunshot wound. There was a large crowd fighting in the parking lot outside of the hospital but they dispersed once officers arrived.
The report states that officers found Mungo at the hospital and collected his clothing and conducted a gunshot residue test on Mungo.
On September 27 mungo turned himself in to police at the Darlington County jail.
Count on News13 for updates.
- CCU drops Sun Belt conference home opener to Georgia Southern, 8-2
- Missing: endangered couple’s pickup last seen in Lake City
- Retired Ohio sheriff and tiny K-9 partner die the same day
- Florence County plans to combat trash troubles with inmate litter crews
- Police: Man wanted out of Michigan attacked woman in Myrtle Beach with a knife