SATURDAY 9:30 AM UPDATE — Florence Police Department Captain Mike Brandt confirms that Samuel Dashon Jackson was arrested on March 16 for murder in connection with the fatal stabbing of Michelle Leigh Payne.
Jackson was transported to the Florence County Detention Center.
The incident is still under investigation. Count on News13 for updates.
SATURDAY 9 AM UPDATE — The Florence County Sheriff’s Office has identified the victim found Monday morning as 52-year-old Michelle Leigh Payne, of Kingstree.
The cause of death was due to sharp force injuries.
The incident is being investigated by the Florence Police Department.
FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A death investigation is underway in Florence.
Officers responded to a vacant lot on the 500 block of South Barringer Street for a female who was found dead around 8:56 a.m. on Monday, according to Florence Police Capt. Mike Brandt. The death is under investigation by Florence police and the Florence County Coroner’s Office.
The body will be sent to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston Wednesday morning to be autopsied. The identity of the individual is being withheld until family can be notified.
No other information is available at this time. Anyone with information is asked to contact Florence police at 843-665-3191.
- ‘Defend Your Police’ rally held in North Myrtle Beach
- Kansas State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-35
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Lindsey Graham announces date set for Supreme Court Justice hearing
- Court nixes SC witness requirement on absentee ballots