DARLINGTON COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Deputies with the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office arrested a Darlington man Tuesday after reports of gunshots.
Deputies said gun shots were reported in the area of Anderson Farm Road. Deputies found a vehicle in a front yard matching a vehicle description. The driver tried to flee into a home but was arrested.
According to deputies, Rakeem Terrell Mazon, 26, was found with more than one ounce of cocaine, a Glock pistol, approximately 147 grams of marijuana, 77 pills, and more than $6,000.
Mazon is charged with trafficking cocaine, possession with intent to distribute marijuana, two counts of possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
Deputies said Mazon pleaded guilty in 2015 to discharging firearms into a dwelling, which is a felony. He was sentenced to two years of probation.
Mazon is held in the W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center.
LATEST PEE DEE CRIME HEADLINES:
- 3 injured after attempted armed robbery, shooting in Florence; 5 suspects wanted
- Former Florence Co. Lt. Fuleihan, others to appear in court on gambling business charges
- Police: Florence woman allegedly hit someone with her car after a fight, faces attempted murder charge
- Darlington man arrested for allegedly punching woman, threatening to kill her with screwdriver
- Man previously charged with murder in Florence shooting sentenced to lesser charge