FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) — Authorities are investigating a shooting that left one dead at a local athletic park.
Florence County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call of a suspicious vehicle around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday at the Greenwood Athletic Park at 2711 Pamplico Highway. When deputies arrived, they found a person in the car who suffered a gunshot wound.
The Florence County Coroner’s Office also responded and pronounced the person, Rashad Maurice Jones, 32, of Mullins, dead at the scene. An autopsy was performed on Thursday.
The Florence County Sheriff’s Office is investigating this as a homicide. Investigators ask anyone with information on this incident to contact the sheriff’s office at (843)-665-2121, Crime Stoppers of the Pee Dee at 1-888-CRIME-SC, or to submit at tip on the FCSO phone app.
- A South Carolina city gets long awaited river park
- Surgeon General Jerome Adams, Gov. McMaster, health officials discuss testing efforts in SC
- A sunnier end to the weekend
- More sunshine for your Sunday
- Robeson County Sheriff’s Office search for missing man with cognitive impairment