DILLON, SC (WBTW) – A Dillon woman who is charged in connection to the death of her 2-year-old child has been released on bond.
According to the 4th Circuit Solicitor’s Office, Okedia Colvin, 33, of Dillon was released on bond Monday morning. A judge determined she is not a flight risk and not a danger to the community as she has no criminal record and she doesn’t have custody of her other children.
She is charged with homicide by child abuse and/or neglect after SLED accused her of not seeking proper medical attention for her son’s malfunctioning feeding tube.
Her family says she would never do anything to hurt her children.
Count on News13 for updates.
- ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’: 9-year-old Oklahoma boy wants place to call home
- New DHEC data shows decrease in COVID-19 spread for areas requiring masks
- DHEC: 42 new cases of COVID-19 in Florence County, 27 reported in Horry County
- Man wanted by HCPD for criminal sexual conduct with a minor
- Man charged with attempted murder after 3 people shot in Dillon