JOHNSONVILLE, SC (WBTW) – Multiple people have been arrested after Florence County deputies conducted a drug operation in Johnsonville.
News13’s Annie Mapp was at the scene and reports the operation was at a home on the corner of Broadway Street and Williamsburg Avenue on Thursday morning.
The FCSO held a press conference at the Johnsonville Police Department Thursday morning.
Deputies executed a search warrant at the home around 7 a.m. Thursday, the FCSO said. Deputies also executed several arrest warrants around the Johnsonville area Thursday morning. In total, nine people have been arrested.
FCSO Chief Deputy Glen Kirby said they plan to make more drug-related arrests.
“We still have other names that we are working on. Nowadays, you don’t want to continue a drug undercover operation for too long because every time that you wait, somebody could be getting an overdose,” Kirby said.
The department also said they’ve been working on this case for about two months, and U.S. Marshalls and the Johnsonville Police Department assisted.
Johnsonville Mayor Steve Dukes said he hopes this will help solve the town’s opioid problem.
“We have complaints and concerns all the time. This is an issue that we always look to try to address and take care of, and we’re really happy to have the support of the county and our local police making an effort to get rid of our drug problem,” Dukes said.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates.
- Pee Dee man loses five family members to Covid-19
- Julian Betton set to hold demonstration in Myrtle Beach Sunday, attorney says
- Several agencies search for child reported missing while playing in water in Florence County
- Tidelands, DHEC test 1,000 people at Pelicans Stadium on Saturday
- 4 officers hurt, deputies used rubber bullets in Columbia protests: Officials