FLORENCE CO, SC (WBTW) – The Florence County Sherrif’s Office and SLED continue to investigate the discovery of bomb-making material near Effingham.
Lebanon Road will be reopened to local traffic, but might be closed again Friday morning around 9 a.m. depending on the progress of the investigation, said Major Mike Nunn, with the sheriff’s office.
There is no immediate threat to the public, Maj. Nunn said. The area remains an active crime scene, closed to the public until cleared by law enforcement.
Sheriff Barnes reported on Thursday investigators discovered what were believed to be bomb-making materials on Lebanon Road. As a precaution, the road was closed to traffic.
This is an active investigation and a developing story.
News13 has sent a crew to the scene for more information. Count on News13 for updates here.
- RI State Police, National Guard set up checkpoint to stop, log travelers from NY
- Stimulus Check Calculator: How much money will you get?
- COVID-19 case count at 935 in North Carolina, state reports
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
- Police: Two hurt in Bennettsville drive-by shooting