EFFINGHAM, SC (WBTW) – A Florence County man has been charged and is accused of trying to pay a 10-year-old for sex.
Jimmy McKnight, 61, of Sellers Road in Effingham, was arrested by Florence County Sheriff’s Office investigators on Wednesday, according to FCSO Major Michael Nunn. McKnight is accused of soliciting a 10-year-old to have sex with him for money “on or about July 14, 2019.”
McKnight was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, according to booking records. He is charged with one count of criminal solicitation of a minor.
McKnight was released on Thursday on a $10,000 surety bond, Major Nunn said.
- Tough day for MLB: Price out, Freeman positive, Tanaka hurt
- Matthew Wolff shoots 64 to take Rocket Mortgage Classic Lead
- MBPD: Officers responding to an ‘armed and dangerous’ person who barricaded themselves in a residence
- Canceled firework shows to make a more peaceful holiday for veterans experiencing PTSD
- Disney suspends college internship program amid pandemic