COWARD, SC (WBTW) — The Florence County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 47-year-old man Sunday after deputies say he allegedly attacked them.
Steven Lavon Matthews, of Coward, allegedly resisted arrest and attempted to punch deputies after they responded at 1:30 p.m. Sunday for a domestic disturbance call, according to authorities.
Matthews allegedly kicked a deputy as he was being placed in a patrol vehicle, and on multiple occasions threatened to kill deputies.
He is being charged with one count of first-degree domestic violence, three counts of resisting arrest and one count of threatening the life of a public employee.
As of Tuesday morning, he was at the Florence County Detention Center on a $36,090 surety bond.
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES
- Sidney Moorer asks state supreme court to overturn obstruction of justice conviction
- FBI searching for ‘Too Tall Bandit’ accused of robbing at least 16 banks in SC, NC, TN since 2009
- Lawsuit: Student sickened by mold at St. James Elementary School
- Second stimulus check update: Group pushes $908B plan to break virus relief impasse
- Barr: No evidence of widespread voter fraud