FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence man has been charged after allegedly threatening law enforcement following the death of a Florence Regional Airport officer.
Karl Pace Mayo, III, of Florence, was arrested by investigators on January 8, according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. Mayo has been charged with one count of breach of peace and one count of a violation of the Computer Crime Act.
Investigators allege that “on or about January 5, 2020,” following the death of Florence Regional Airport Officer Jackson Winkeler, Mayo “posted a threat to law enforcement officers on social media by offering to purchase ammunition for anyone who wanted to kill law enforcement.”
Mayo was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 1:30 p.m. January 8, booking records show. He was released around 3:15 p.m. January 9 on a $1,558.90 surety bond.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Driver dies when pickup overturns in Florence County
- Trump, Biden campaign on same turf in battleground Florida
- Cooler weather arrives tomorrow
- Coronavirus in NC: State reports record-high number of daily positive cases
- Netflix raises subscription prices