FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – Deputies say a Florence man has been charged with criminal sexual conduct involving a 5-year-old girl.
Mark Anthony Berry, 53, of Florence, was arrested by investigators on Friday, according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. Berry has been charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor, victim under 16.
Investigators allege that between June 1, 2019 and January 4, 2020, Berry “committed a lewd act upon a 5 year old female victim.”
Berry remains at the Florence County Detention Center and bond has been denied.
An investigation is ongoing. Count on News13 for updates.
- Congressman pushing to remove restrictions on churches talking politics
- Suspended SC sheriff allegedly provided alcohol to underage person in Horry County, possessed controlled substances
- Rain expected the next several days, Watching colder air move in towards the end of the week
- Judge denies bond for suspect in deadly Waccamaw Bingo Hall shooting
- Changes to school bus routes in Socastee area due to flooding; Conway road closed