FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) — A 33-year-old Florence man was booked into jail on Christmas after police said he robbed a hotel.
At about 8 a.m. on Christmas Eve, William Turner Bailey showed a handgun to employees at the Days Inn on Dunbarton Drive and demanded money, according to Capt. Robert Drulis with the Florence Police Department. The employees complied, and Bailey left with an undisclosed amount of money.
No one was injured.
Bailey was later stopped and arrested in Timmonsville. He was in a stolen vehicle at the time, according to police.
He was booked into jail on charges of possessing a weapon during a violent crime, armed robbery, giving false information to law enforcement, receiving stolen goods worth $10,000 or more, possession, concealment or disposing of a stolen vehicle, the unlawful carrying of a pistol, resisting arrest, receiving stolen goods valuing $2,000 or less and simple larceny of $2,000 or less.
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES
- CCU drops Sun Belt conference home opener to Georgia Southern, 8-2
- Missing: endangered couple’s pickup last seen in Lake City
- Retired Ohio sheriff and tiny K-9 partner die the same day
- Florence County plans to combat trash troubles with inmate litter crews
- Police: Man wanted out of Michigan attacked woman in Myrtle Beach with a knife