FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence woman has been charged with forgery after allegedly writing checks in the victim’s name worth over $45,000.
Beverly R. Steele, 46, of Florence, was arrested by investigators on Thursday and charged with 66 counts of forgery (value less than $10,000), according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. Steele is accused of taking checks from the victim’s home, forging the victim’s signature and presenting 66 checks in varying amounts. The total amount of checks allegedly written by Steele on the victim’s account is about $45,707.
According to Florence County Detention Center booking records, Steele was booked at 8:22 a.m. on May 21 and released at 1:12 p.m. on the same day after being given a $66,000 personal recognizance bond.
- Where you can fly to from Myrtle Beach in June
- SC leaders react to George Floyd’s death, protests
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting
- Protests over George Floyd death overwhelm authorities again
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 30