FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) - A Florence woman has been charged with filing false insurance claims.
A press release from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division says SLED agents arrested 41-year-old Misty Shartee McKay in connection with filing insurance claims of over $30,000 for medical treatments never received.
McKay is charged with presenting a false claim for insurance payment with a value of $10,000 or more, according to the release. She was booked into the Florence County Detention Center.
The S.C. Attorney General's Office requested for the SLED investigation, the release also says. The case will be prosecuted by the S.C. Attorney General's Office.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 22 people injured in California military base tent collapse
- Australian prime minister calls on pope to fire archbishop
- Mild breeze, fast course for start of British Open
- Sex abuse victims join hands, accept courage award at ESPYs