FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) — A man has been arrested by the Florence County Sheriff’s Office in connection with a man’s death early this year, according to authorities.
Rhashad Maurice Jones, 32, of Mullins, was found dead in January inside of a car at the Greenwood Athletic Park after being shot, according to deputies.
Deputies charged 31-year-old Antonio Denon Brayboy, of Lake City, on Tuesday in connection with the killing. He is being charged with murder and the possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
Brayboy shot and killed Jones on Dec. 28, 2019, while Jones was inside of the vehicle, according to deputies. Brayboy was taken into custody Tuesday in Horry County by the United States Marshals Carolina Regional Task Force.
He had not been given bond, as of Wednesday morning.
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES
- Sidney Moorer asks state supreme court to overturn obstruction of justice conviction
- FBI searching for ‘Too Tall Bandit’ accused of robbing at least 16 banks in SC, NC, TN since 2009
- Lawsuit: Student sickened by mold at St. James Elementary School
- Second stimulus check update: Group pushes $908B plan to break virus relief impasse
- Barr: No evidence of widespread voter fraud