LAKE VIEW, S.C. (WBTW) — A Lake View man was arrested and charged Wednesday in connection with a hostage situation that took place on Joann Branch in Lake View Tuesday.
Jimmy Jones, 47, of Lake View, is charged with kidnapping, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and pointing and presenting firearms at a person, according to Captain Cliff Arnette with the Dillon County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies said Jones held one adult and two children against their will inside a home. The situation ended with only minor injuries to the adult male victim.
- 16 finish firefighter recruit school, graduate during ceremonies at Horry Georgetown Technical College
- Grasping for air: Heat a major issue at Olympic tennis venue
- Olympic pole vaulter posts video of graphic injury at practice: ‘Messed up all my teeth’
- Georgia man arrested in 1988 murder of 8-year-old boy after DNA evidence links him to crime
- Part of Utah’s Great Salt Lake reaches historic low