DARLINGTON COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — A man accused of murder in a 2017 deadly shooting in Hartsville was released from jail on bond Thursday.
According to online booking records, Rodney Ervin Cotton Jr. was released on $205,000 bond at 3:49 p.m. Thursday after spending 932 days in jail.
Cotton Jr. was arrested in 2017 and charged with murder, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, stolen gun, possession of a weapon by a violent felon, accessory before the fact to a felony, criminal conspiracy and armed robbery.
The shooting happened on Bell Ave. in September 2017 and the victim died four days later.
- Local Spotlight: Roman and Trick Riding at Painted Face Acres with Fairland Ferguson
- Myrtle Beach police release safety plan for Ocean Blvd
- North Carolina infant stabbed in head with screwdriver during fight between parents
- Chicago mayor says ‘F you’ to Trump over tweet encouraging shooting George Floyd protesters
- Lawmaker on Trump deeming churches essential: ‘It’s not safe to be in groups of that size’