FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – Royal Williams has been found guilty of murder and is sentenced to life in prison in connection with a 2016 deadly shooting.
12th Circuit Solicitor Ed Clements tells News13 the case went before a jury Saturday.
Royal Daniel Williams, of Bennettsville, was charged in connection to the deadly shooting of Sherilyn Jear Joseph that happened in January 2016 inside her apartment on Century Drive. According to the sheriff’s office, she had just returned home from work.
Williams’ trial was expected to begin earlier this year, but a judge granted a continuance.
Williams was already jailed in a state corrections facility in another county after being sentence on unrelated charges when he was arrested.
- Conway man arrested in shooting death of retired officer Odell Cochran
- Tennessee nurses pray on medical center’s helipad
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- CCU to provide credit for housing, parking, dining after coronavirus outbreak changes
- 1 detained after person sustains life-threatening injuries in overnight stabbing in Myrtle Beach, police say