FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A man accused of inappropriately touching a woman has been arrested by Florence County deputies.
Kelvin Anderson Mitchell, 46, of Florence, was arrested on Tuesday by investigators with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office, according to a release from the department. He is charged with second degree assault and battery.
Mitchell allegedly “fondled the private parts of a female victim” at his home “on or about” August 6, the release said. Mitchell received a $5,000 surety bond and was released from the Florence County Detention Center.
The FCSO said second degree assault and battery is “a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $2500.00 or imprisonment for not more than three years, or both.”
- TSA: Over 1 million airline passengers screened Sunday for first time since March
- Stimulus checks: Hours left to cut deal with $1,200 direct payments before Election Day
- King Tide causing flooded roadways on Pawleys Island
- SC Gov. McMaster to visit Rock Hill on Monday
- ‘Clouds’, by teen who died of cancer seven years ago, hits No. 1 on iTunes