FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A man accused of inappropriately touching a woman has been arrested by Florence County deputies.
Kelvin Anderson Mitchell, 46, of Florence, was arrested on Tuesday by investigators with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office, according to a release from the department. He is charged with second degree assault and battery.
Mitchell allegedly “fondled the private parts of a female victim” at his home “on or about” August 6, the release said. Mitchell received a $5,000 surety bond and was released from the Florence County Detention Center.
The FCSO said second degree assault and battery is “a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $2500.00 or imprisonment for not more than three years, or both.”
- Rain expected the next several days, Watching colder air move in towards the end of the week
- Judge denies bond for suspect in deadly Waccamaw Bingo Hall shooting
- Changes to school bus routes in Socastee area due to flooding; Conway road closed
- Police: Masked man entered Market Common restaurant, displayed weapon, demanded money
- VIDEO: NC police officers join kids in playing basketball after noise complaint