FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A man has been arrested and charged with murder in connection to a deadly Florence shooting.
Legette turned himself in to the Florence Police Department around 3:30 p.m. on October 1, according to Florence police. He is facing the following charges in connection to the shooting:
- possession of a weapon during a violent crime
- possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
Legette was taken to the Florence County Detention Center and a bond hearing is set for Wednesday afternoon.
Officers responded to a shooting around 6:05 p.m. on September 28 in the 1100 block of Oakland Avenue. Officers located the victim, identified as Frederick E. Law. Law was taken to the hospital by EMS and later died from his injuries.
According to a background check for Legette, he has been charged with the following in the past:
- assault and battery with intent to kill
- disorderly conduct
- discharge firearm
- pointing a firearm
- possession with intent to distribute cocaine
- resisting arrest
- assault and battery high and aggravated nature
- malicious injury to personal property > $1000 by < $5,000
- attempted grand larceny
- first degree burglary
Count on News13 on-air, online, on social media, and on our mobile app for updates.
- Surfside Beach looks to fix hospitality tax rules as legal battle winds down
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- Murder suspect from 2015 shooting now charged in another Robeson County shooting
- 4 injured in crash on Hwy 90 in Conway
- Fire official warns of holiday-related fire dangers