CHERAW AREA, SC (WBTW) – A man has been charged after a deadly shooting in Chesterfield County.
Deputies responded to a shooting in the 100 block of Chatham Lake Lane in the Cheraw area on December 29, the Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office said. Upon arriving, deputies found a man, identified as Lannie Wayne Jacobs, dead from a gunshot wound.
Deputies allege that Michael Winters Hutson “shot Jacobs after having a domestic incident with Hutson’s wife.”
“Hutson did attempt life saving measures on Jacobs with no success,” the sheriff’s office said. Hutson is Jacobs’ son-in-law.
Hutson is being held in the Chesterfield County Detention Center pending a bond hearing. He is charged with murder, use of a weapon during a violent crime and domestic violence-2nd degree.
The SC Law Enforcement Division’s Crime Scene Unit is assisting with the investigation.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Doctors urge caution as S.C. relaxes COVID-19 restrictions for bars, large gatherings
- Boy Scouts submit reorganization plan to bankruptcy court
- Texas mom’s wired conversation with teen son helps police charge him in homicide
- Father, son reel in 1,000-pound bluefin tuna off North Carolina coast
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing