COWARD, SC (WBTW) – A man has been charged in connection with a shooting at a Pee Dee nightclub.
Willie Jarell Blair, 25, of Cades, South Carolina, faces charges of attempted murder and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violence crime, according to Major Mike Nunn, with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. These charges are in connection with a shooting at the “Down Beat Club” located at 551 Karisma Road in Coward.
“Investigators allege that Blair and the victim were involved in a verbal altercation, after which Blair is alleged to have shot the victim with a handgun,” Major Nunn said.
The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment. Their injuries are believed to be non-life-threatening.
Blair remains in the Florence County Detention Center, where he is awaiting a bond hearing.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- Community donations save a Carolina Forest business from closure
- Deputies investigate homicide in Darlington Co.
- WATCH NOW: As first stimulus check looms, lawmakers working towards next round of relief
- Police: Conway woman faces DUI charge after crashing with 2-month-old in car