MULLINS, SC (WBTW) – Police have a man in custody they suspect was involved in a deadly shooting at a tobacco shop in Mullins.
Maleek Smith, 27, turned himself in on Monday afternoon, Mullins Police Chief Mike Bethea said. He’s been charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
Chief Bethea said the shooting happened on West Front Street on Monday morning.
The Marion County Coroner’s Office identified the victim as Frank Jacob Crawford, Jr., 51. An autopsy will be performed Wednesday at MUSC.
Stay with News13 for updates as we work to gather more information.
- Court says Georgia city can ban Confederate flag in veterans parade
- Court denies Dylann Roof’s request for new appellate hearing
- Meals on Wheels in need of delivery drivers to meet increased demand in Horry County
- Hyundai recalls 100K more cars because faulty engines might catch fire
- Connecticut doctor’s license suspended for providing blank, signed vaccine exemption forms, health dept. says